Sunday Ethical Education for Kids
“Learning from our past to build for our futures, we’ll guide young people from their infancy through their late teens through thoughtful exploration of the myriad ways people make sense of the world around them. “ –One of Ethical Society of Saint Louis’ principles.
Ethical Society of Saint Louis has a branch that caters to educating kids. These kids are called SEEKers. Saint Louis examines a wide variety of the world’s religious traditions, specifically Ethical Humanism.
SEEKers will be challenged to think carefully about ways to contribute to a more loving and ethical world community. They’ll exercise respect for themselves and others, while cultivating good qualities.
Ethical Society of Saint Louis also offers classes, programs, volunteering and activism. They also have a Sunday program which made Sundays very busy for Saint Louis. They welcome visitors to all their programs every Sundays. Here are some their Sunday activity:
- Ethical Mindfulness Meditation
This meditation promotes physical and mental well-being and awakens the sense by living purposefully in the present moment which reduces stress.
This is a small group meditative experience with a format which includes contemplation and sharing of personal thoughts around a weekly theme.
- Sunday School
Children from ages 2 – 18 are the usual attenders of the Sunday School. Sunday School teaches the children to respect inherent worth or every human being and to develop those values that will integrate them into the greater human family.
Ethical Society’s core values are taught to children that attends Sunday School. The 12 core values are:
- Ethics is my religion.
- Every person is important and unique.
- Every person deserves to be treated fairly and kindly.
- I can learn from everyone.
- I am part of this earth; I cherish it and all the life upon it.
- I learn from the world around me by using senses, mind, and feelings.
- I am a member of the world community, which depends on the cooperation of all people for peace and justice.
- I can learn from the past to build for the future.
- I am free to question.
- I am free to choose what I believe.
- I accept responsibility for my choices and actions.
- I strive to live my values.
Education, nowadays, is not only achieved and learned in schools. Several teaching methods are now available outside the classrooms with the help of technology. Using the internet, children can now learn so many things and acquiring knowledge has now become boundless. But with this, children can also be exposed to several information and content that can be harmful to them. This is the reason, why parents should buy proxy for their computers. With the help of proxy servers, it helps in the implementation of internet access control like online time control, internet web filter and content filter and at the same time, children will experience a more enjoyable time learning with fast internet connection. You can visit buyproxies.io, to know more about proxy servers.
Nurturing a child’s talent is very important and parents’ support is a key factor for them to be successful. Let’s say that a child has a potential in writing, we can use different strategies to aid and nurture this talent.
- You can advise your child to write on a journal, which they can freely express their thoughts.
- Let them read educational books, especially their topic of interest. This will give them more ideas and information that they can share through writing.
- Give them access to video materials that can help them further understand their topic of interest.
- You can also allow them to access the internet and let them search for useful source of information about their topic of interest. If they wanted to learn more about cars, Car Brand Wiki is the best source material. They feature the best car brands ever made in our history.
Ethics has always been an issue in any country because ethics is subjective, so it varies. Survey shows that the majority of the people I surveyed aren’t familiar with ethics. They kept on asking what it was. It is hard for me to explain because my point of view on the matter may be different from other people’s point of view. So, I just told them to use the internet to know what it was. But some told me that they are no more interested because there are a lot of advertisements online and it may cause their laptops to get malware or viruses so I told them to use the best premium link generator to in visiting a website so that the advertisements will be removed.